Have you seen this t-shirt in the Shelli Can shop? I feel like I need more hands so that I could knit while doing other things.
I’m knitting a lot and also getting super excited about things I want to make so I thought I’d map out what’s current in the queue and what’s coming up:
- FINISHED: Nothing since the Rose Gold Togue Pond Tank but I’m only midway through July so I’ve got time to create a few finished objects before the month is over.
- IN PROGRESS: This is where things get interesting. I’ve currently got 3 projects on my needles right now!!
- A secret test knit. I can only show you the color palette pictured above. It’s a pullover and it has 3 colors. I went with a heathered blue color, a rusty pumpkin shade and then a soft peach. I kind of love the mix and can’t wait to see the finished object on me. I’m almost finished with the body and hope to be finished by Sunday night.
- A sweater for my sister, Anne. I’m working on a super cozy and soft yellow cardigan for my sister Anne to take to her freezing office. It’s a bulky knit and is working up quickly but I stopped to get this test knit finished.
- My pieces blanket. I’m up to 6 squares out of 81. LOL But I love how it’s really a mindless knit that I can pick up whenever I’m in the mood. Oh and thanks for all the tips. I totally plan to seam it as I go along. Once I get 9 blocks in 1 color I’ll seam them together.
- ANTICIPATING: I didn’t plan on it but I agreed to another test knit! It’s due in early September and it’s by designer Alice Caetano. You may remember the last test knit I did for her was Verso. I always love her construction techniques and it looks like it will be a nice versatile cardigan that I can throw on over anything and I’m doing it in a solid and fairly neutral color (gasp, I know).
- ON HOLD: My Kangarullover. In the corner of my living room I have a bag filled with that project and the yarn for it. I’d say I’m 60% finished with it but it was one of those projects I needed to take a break from. Maybe I’ll try to finish it off in August.
I should also note I’m really wanting to knit my second Tecumseh but in wool because I have a super full color palette and I have plans for the leftover yarn. I also want to make another Guthrie in long sleeve (but still in cotton) AND I’ve got some other yummy yarns in my stash I want to dig into. Now you see why I want more hands so I can knit all the time?
And in other news, Jellybean is going to dog training over the next month so our evenings are spent working on her sit, stay and come commands. It’s totally cutting into my knitting time but this little ball of sass needs some manners. LOL