Please, don’t call this a comeback. Please.
Two years ago, I stopped blogging. I blogged for a while, found success, got a new job, got bored and decided to move on. I’ve been asked a lot if I missed blogging (I did…sometimes), would I ever come back (never say never) and if I did come back would I blog about the same thing again (probably not). I’ve changed since I started my old blog way back in 2008. Here are a few ways that I’ve changed since I last blogged:
- I’m 36 now (almost 37). I was still in my 20’s when I started blogging. Oh how much you grow in your 30’s.
- I got a dog. No, I did not have a baby, but I did find a furry senior rescue named Cher who lights up my life and sheds like crazy in the summer.
- I took my knitting skills up a notch. When I was blogging I was just learning how to knit and now I’m a sweater knitting fool!
- My father passed away. My family has always been a priority but for the last year I spent as much of my free time as I could with my family, especially my Dad.
- I’m an adjunct professor now. My day job is all about social media and web content strategy and I’m sharing that knowledge with undergrads. I’m an adjunct professor at Howard University and oddly enough, I make my students blog!
- I finally have something to say. When I stopped blogging before I didn’t feel like I had anything interesting to add to the blogosphere, I just didn’t feel like sharing anymore. I may not have anything interesting to say (to you) but at least I feel like sharing again!
Those are pretty significant changes, right? So what’s the same?
- Same voice, same silliness, same DWJ.
- I’m still married! 12 years and counting and couldn’t love that guy more.
- I still love beauty and accessories but I’ve paired down things more and more. I’ve been working on focusing on just what I love and it’s a lot easier when you don’t have a million products to sort through.
- Still colorful. My love of color still exists and is very apparent in my choices of yarn (I don’t really do neutrals).
So what’s this blog all about?
I’ve decided to return to the blogosphere to share what brings me joy. I love knitting and have found over the last 2 years knitting has filled my life with a new passion, new friends and a joy I hadn’t felt for awhile (try not to smile when you wrap a friend’s newborn in a blanket you hand knit, I dare you!). Plus I love the community around knitting/crochet/yarn. The other part of this joy is that I try to consciously choose joy in my life. Losing a loved one is hard but what’s harder is every day life after that person is gone. I’ve been fortunate to have a wonderful family and amazing friends who fill my life with joy and have helped me get through the hard days. I hope that maybe I can give back just a little bit of that joy to you via this blog.
So here I am, knitting needles in hand ready to share what I’m making, what’s inspiring me and what brings me joy in life. Welcome back, I’ve missed you.